2006 ford taurus transmission problems

For this type of failure to be so prevalent in these cars at such low mileage is really a black eye for Ford Motor Company. The most common Taurus transmission problems cost $2,000 to fix & occur at 90,000 miles. 0l vehicle with 62,800 miles. Your transmission needs that fluid to lubricate all the moving parts and cool down the transmission itself. The average price of a 2006 Ford Taurus transmission repair and replacement can vary depending on location. I love my Ford, and cannot say that I won't buy another, but Ford is really sticking it to their customers by turning a blind eye to a problem with one of their bread-and-butter products. How To Tell If You Have a 2006 Ford Taurus Faulty Distributor. I am a college student and I do NOT have that kind of money. My father had work trucks with over 200000 miles on them that were both standard and automatic and were driven like crap and NEVER had to have a transmission fixed. Good thing there were some friendly people behind me and helped push the car off the road into a parking lot. Do not buy. Remanufactured: Used: More Details Email This Quote. Replace Converter, Drum Forward, Drum 4th Gear, Sun Gear, Bell? I can't afford this. When you turn on the engine, all that power generated by the motor goes to the transmission. They told us the next day (after I had to rent a car to get us home) that the transmission "was shot", that this was a common problems he has seen on Ford Taurus' of the 05 and 06 models. It's worse than a manual transmission shift. Especially the earlier years but after having some shifting problems with the shifting between t. Expand your search distance . Filter (3) Show Payments. Or if they would have been eager and had accelerated behind me or standing behind the car. The real power of knowing Ford Taurus transmission problem is that you can fix any issue that comes your way without taking a trip to the dealer. with your 2006 Ford Taurus can result in rendering your 2006 Ford Taurus completely undrivable. After all, nobody wants to drop $2,000 on a new transmission. The RPM's on the car shot up to 6,000 and it felt like the car was in neurtral. I released the accelerator and the car continued to maintain speed. I will never purchase a Ford Taurus again for myself, or my future family as long as I shall live. This happens to many drivers, so you shouldnt worry too much about it. We don't sell/share your email. Once thats done, find the brake shift interlock cable. I think Ford should have to pay for my towing, the diagnostics ran (the Ford dealership charged me $150 just to look at it!!!) No check engine light and runs like a champ. If you dont know what that is, its simply a wire which is in charge of making sure that the car cannot be shifted unless you depress the brake pedal. Unsubscribe any time. The motor was still running but the transmission had completely failed. The customer relationship person I talked to told me to have it towed to a Ford dealership for further diagnosis. This is called cross-contamination and does occur on occasion. Pricing for all 2006 Ford Taurus Repairs & Services. Thanks Ford! But if thats not the case, then the transmission fluid might be overheating. Fat chance though. I purchased my 2006 Ford Taurus in 2008, and it is now the year 2012. All rights reserved. Moreover, if the torque converter went bad, you might hear some noise coming from the transmission. 4000 mi. Cost of replacement still to be determined. She also implied that Ford may be able to assit in some way that the local mechanic could not. Forward Spring Wave, Oil Filter (just for precautions). The most recently reported issues are listed below. When starting the vehicle, it lunges forward approximately 6 inches. Theres a reason why manufacturers spend so much time building systems to let drivers know when something is not working as intended.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_12',177,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_13',177,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0_1');.large-mobile-banner-2-multi-177{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:0!important;margin-right:0!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. In that same decade I put 180K on 2000 Toyota Sienna and over 160K on 1996 Buick Century w/o any transmission problems whatsoever. One of the most common problems associated with the torque converter is worn or damaged needle bearings. 2004 - 2022 TrueDelta. Low levels of transmission fluid or transmission fluid leaks are by far the most common type of transmission problem. Driving like this any longer will destroy your transmission. I have owned my 2005 Ford Taurus for 15 months. I'm about to scrap a good car for what seems to be FORD PROBLEM and I FEEL THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS RE-OCCURRING PROBLEM FOR TAURUS . NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter 1. Low levels of transmission fluid are usually caused by leaks in the transmission system itself. But it usually goes away on its own. Email. Transmission Failure 16. This is a potentially dangerous situation. I tried changing gears, but still the same issues occur. AC Compressor blew/replacement $650, ignition coil $250, among other fixes that cost the same I could have paid the car off by now with the amount of money I have spent fixing it. The tranny fluid was burnt. 2002 Ford Taurus problems. Had it towed to the mechanics and found out the transmission needs to be replaced. Youre just doing it on top. If you havent changed the fluid or the filters, the transmission will make some noise when shifting gears. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Anywhere from 20,000 miles to 25,000 would be best. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2004 Ford Taurus based on all problems reported for the 2004 Taurus. www.georgelawsongallery.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Then there are times when I am driving, increasing my speed gradually, and my rpms will be stuck at 2000 and my car will not go faster than 30-40 miles per hour, which is extremely dangerous on the interstate with heavy traffic. And for some strange reason, this only happens when the car is idling. My wife owns a 2006 ford taurus. However, make sure to use the correct transmission fluid. I was told that after this issue is taken care of the cars are usually good for 200,000+ miles. Occasionally, transmission gasket seals may need to be replaced to seal the leaks in the transmission. Following good preventive maintenance procedures for your transmission will always help your transmission perform better, last longer and require fewer repairs. That said, heres how to inspect the cable: Thats how you can diagnose which component is messing up the transmission. I have not done anything yet but I understand that this could be costly. shaft caps, gasket. Transmission slip/hitch between 1st and second gear at very low speed and/or from a 'rolling' takeoff. We only have 3 payments left and want to keep the car but I am extremely tired of repair bills! However, in many cases, the transmission leak could be caused by the cap on the transaxle vent. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page. While this hack might seem silly, this will help relieve the pressure inside. No warning signs, no noises, no leaks, nothing, just suddenly failed. This is just another in a series of repairs to this car this year. 66388 mi. My dealer was made aware of this and reports no recalls per my VIN#. Its the end of the month, and now your transmission decided to die on you. Unfortunately, these plugs can get plugged up over time, causing pressure to build in the transmission. I am driving on the interstate, traveling approx. The engine started up just fine, but the car would not go into drive, or into reverse. When you have costs under control and know what to expect from the transmission, then you have nothing to worry about. Your2016 Ford Taurus s transmission is one of the most important parts of your 2016 Ford Taurus , and transmission problems with your 2016 Ford Taurus can result in rendering your 2016 Ford Taurus completely undrivable. 153-horsepower 3.0L V6 4-speed automatic FWD. If the needle bearings become warm, you will generally hear strange noises coming from the transmission while in driving gears. But if the brake shift interlock cable got damaged, the car wont come out of park no matter how many times you try. The pre 08 Ford Taurus requres a transmission service . The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. Transmission delay between gear 1 and 2. Here are some common reasons that might have triggered the transmission light: As much as wed like to think that the transmission light doesnt mean anything, you shouldnt ignore it and call it a day. (8) View all. If your 2006 Ford Taurus s transmission is slipping and there are no leaks, the solenoid is the next item that you should check. Ford should reimburse the customers for this problem. Ford: certain 2013-2015 ford fusion and taurus, 2011-2015 ford explorer, 2013-2014 ford edge and flex, 2013-2015 lincoln mks, mkx, and 2013-2014 lincoln mkt vehicles may experience problems with the cruise control speed that doesn't match t. Welcome to our 6F35 transmission sale. Replacement of the synchronizer assembly will be required to correct this . RPM spiked as forward momentum slowed, coasted to stop along interstate. I REALLY WANTED TO UNLOAD THIS BACK TO MY AUTO WELLS FARGO AUTO DEALER BUT I WILL BE CHARGE REPOSSESSIONS AND MY CREDIT WILL BE RUIN. Just keep in mind that you shouldnt drive with a bad converter. I've heard this has happened to other, older model Taurus' as well [probably never resolved]. So, youll have to check several parts to track down the noise before throwing parts at your vehicle. Automatic Transmission problems of the 2006 Ford Taurus. To fix this issue, you have to replace the damaged torque converter. At the time of purchase the cruise control did not work (would not engage) and I was told by the dealer (phillipsburg/stateline Hyundai) they would have me return to repair it as soon as the parts arrived. My car slowed down and stopped. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_22',181,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-mobile-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_23',181,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-mobile-leaderboard-2-0_1');.mobile-leaderboard-2-multi-181{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:0!important;margin-right:0!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}Often, this means that you need to change the transmission fluid. That cap is designed to keep both dirt and debris from getting inside the transmission. We were driving down a busy interstate, nearly about to enter a construction zone, when we started merging over into the left lane to let in a semi-truck that was entering the expressway. this could have been a disaster for both myself, my car and those innocent pedestrians/fellow drivers on the road at the time. Ford's Taurus is a roomy and comfortable sedan. But in many cases, you might be running low on transmission fluid. The clutch is located within the torque converter and can occasionally become jammed. My Taurus went into second gear and popped it wont pull in any gear what could it be I checked to see if the hydronic pump was pumping snd it is, My 2014 Taurus was just working fine today I drove to the other side of town and then I was heading back had stopped at a light then it changed went to give it gas jumped 3 feet forward and then stopped and wouldnt let me go then it was revving way more when I lightly tap on the gas then it would take a minute to come back down to idle all in all had to have it towed back to the dealer where it now sits waiting to see exactly what happened. But well learn more from those poor souls and find out whats wrong with your vehicle. My son was driving the car when after stopping at a stop sign it would no longer accelerate. Their customers spent their hard earned money on these cars and to let them eat this cost when, especially in this economic state, they simply cannot afford. The Final Step: Replace It With A New Entire Transmission. Notes: The VIN #is required to ensure that the correct part is shipped. As a result, the transmission will get damaged from so many things hitting it. It's been a good car and I LIKE TAURUS'S but sh*t like this makes me re-evaluate my opinion on them . There are different types of transmissions out there, including automatic and manual transmissions. IS THERE ANY LEGAL WAY TO DO TO UNLOAD IT BACK TO MY CREDITORS WITHOUT PENALIZING MY CREDIT SCORES.BESIDES I DID ASK THEM FOR ANOTHER CREDIT BUT THEY DID'NT APPROVED IT. US $2153. Text. In short, do not drive with a broken transmission. If these solutions do not work, you have to fix the transmission issue by replacing a new entire transmission. Need advice about a specific Ford Taurus problem? Search over 151 used Ford Taurus in Cranford, NJ. Learning more about transmission is always a great skill to have under the belt. I never thought this would happen to me. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE AMERICAN CAR OTHER THAN IT BURN A LOT OF GAS IN A CITY DRIVE 17.2 PER GALLON AND 21 MILES PER GALLON ON A FREEWAY. No reverse, not drive, no low no NOTHING! Your cars suck! I took my car to the local Ford dealership and asked for the problem to be repaired. ECM flashed with updates. This can be caused by an intermittent fault with the Preview / Show more . I'm just lucky neither my wife or I were killed or injured in this piece of crap. We may earn a small commission if you purchase through our recommended links. All Trans Remanufactured Automatic Transmission Assembly A167007. This job is by no means easy, and youll probably need to grab a diagram to rebuild it. HELP ME PLEASE. Stuck In Gear 1. Automatic transmission on 2006 Ford Taurus w/67,000 miles failed at normal highway cruise speed. The transmission problem may be corrected by changing the transmission out that doesn't have the code, or rebuilding the transmission, or checking out all connections to the harness . Scenario should sound familiar to all you Taurus owners. I put the car into reverse from work after starting the car, and suddenly I heard a sound, and as I pressed down the accelerator only the RPM gauge will move, and the speedometer will not budge. The engine may misfire and/or buck while driving at freeway speeds with no fault code stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). my wife driving home from work 45 mph and the car starts to slow down. This car isn't even paid off yet! To fix the problem, replace the transmission fluid, and you should be good to go. The transmission pan got damaged unfortunately, the transmission pan is constantly exposed to many things on the road. Well, this could very well be a torque converter problem. Will not repair. The solenoid controls the flow of fluid throughout the transmission. I think not. Cause of failure: splines in torque converter disintegrated because metal not 'hardened' sufficiently, apparently a common occurrence in this transmission. If your car is not going into gear, then your transmission might be about to die. Ford knows of the problem, they just don't want to admit to it. If you let it go by, the transmission could go out of service, costing you a lot of money in the long run. Please Ford, do the right thing and fix this problem! The cap itself has a cross pattern on the bottom, which serves the same purpose. The AX4N 4-speed transmission is known for being unreliable. I turned the car off and then back on. Five problems related to automatic transmission have been reported for the 2006 Ford Taurus. I was coming home from work last. Search Fixya . Air Conditioning - Recharge. Call now. WITHOUT ANY WARNING transmission died at a stoplight. Transmission would not move the vehicle and engine just reved. This vehicle is maintained regularly. Raised in Louisville, Kentucky, where Ford has two assembly plants. ]. If it is indeed the planetary, as I fear, the transmission will have to replaced, to the tune of $1,700+. If the transmission fluid is not at the right level, the transmission will overheat, causing the burning smell. The transmission in your 2008 Ford Taurus is the part of the 2008 Ford Taurus that directs the power from your engine to the driveshaft which in turn helps to turn the wheels . I have only owned it for three years! VERY FRUSTRATING . If you havent changed the transmission in a while, it can cause the transmission to run hot. Finally, make sure youre not running low on transmission fluid. To fix this issue, you have to replace both the solenoid and the cable. Ford needs to acknowledge the faulty design or faulty part, and take care of their consumers before they see them head to the competition, and understandably so. and my rental car. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the transmission failed and he had to coast the vehicle to the side of the road. But before replacing anything, lets go over some of the most common reasons why your transmission is leaking fluid. Its extremely dangerous, and theres a high chance youll damage your vehicle. Well, it might be time to get a new transmission fluid. It will cost $1600 to do so. Noise can also be a good indicator. Transmission Shaking. But its worth the time and effort. In first gear, you make a turn, it will rev up to 6k rpms. I attempted to restart the car and during 4 successive tries it immediately revved to over 4,000 rpm. But before that, lets take a look at what a transmission is. It is an automatic and she has always driven it like a baby. Nowadays, most vehicles use automatic, while older cars still use manual. In the event fluid is very old or contaminated, the fluid will need to be changed or the transmission completely flushed and refilled. If someone were walking in front of the vehicle when this happened, they could be injured. However, in the event that your transmission does have problems, knowing what some of the more common types of transmission problems are can help you quickly diagnose and repair them. My family, for this reason, has always been a Ford family. pepboys identified it as transmission problem, oil are licking around the transmission block too.i do not have warranty on that car because i got it as used car.iam now nervous because might any time gave a financial problem. Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (0%). Transmission Failure! A reman transmission was installed at a cost of $1700. I depressed the brakes further, but the engine revved higher to maintain speed and I went thru the red light! When the clutch jams, the solenoid may become locked and the amount of transmission fluid in the torque converter may not be correctly calculated. As I took my feet off the brakes to proceed through the intersection as the light turned green, my car began to roll backwards as though it were in neutral. I had it towed there, at my expense, and was told one day later that (same story) my tranny had blown for some reason and needed it repaired at a high price. Ford should cut the repair check, no questions asked. Then, when my car is running in idle, the rpms are over 5000 and it sounds as if someone has the acceleration pushed to the floor. The wire should feel free and smooth. How in the hell can a 2006 automatic transmission go bad. I have 3 more payments on this piece of sh@t car! That being said, there are countless reasons why youre getting the infamous transmission light. Now have the vehicle in park, and then start pressing down on it using a screwdriver. After getting a Ford Taurus transmission replacement, one problem drivers have reported is that the vehicle shudders after starting up the engine. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your2006 Ford Taurus s transmission is one of the most important parts of your 2006 Ford Taurus , and frequently 2006 Ford Taurus problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Thats including the parts and the labor. No results found within 25 miles. I just purchased (1/23/2010) a used 2006 Ford Taurus se, 3. See Also: 2006 ford taurus transmission recalls Show details For instance, rebuilding a transmission can cost anywhere from $600-$700. Although replacing a new entire transmission is very expensive, it will save you time. I bought it with less than 10,000 miles on it!!! A faulty torque converter will make your vehicle shake randomly but only when starting up the engine or coming to a stop sign. As I pressed on the pedal to accelerate, the car just would not gain any more speed. The baltimore police department use to have Taurus as police cars until the transmission failure problems . For instance, weve come across some drivers that changed the transmission fluid and filter and later found out that the exhaust came loose, causing all the grinding noise they thought was coming from the transmission.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-banner-1','ezslot_7',173,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',173,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-banner-1-0_1');.banner-1-multi-173{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:0!important;margin-right:0!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. I looked down and was still in drive but was not moving. If youre running low on it, the transmission will start slipping since it cannot send any power to the rear wheels. Well, this could very well be a torque converter problem. Click on a problem below to read more. These type clutch problems in the torque converter also appear very similar to low fluid levels. 1,010 Answers. 14000 mi. Your2006 Ford Taurus s transmission is one of the most important parts of your 2006 Ford Taurus , and transmission problems with your 2006 Ford Taurus can result in rendering your 2006 Ford Taurus completely undrivable. The car just hit a little over 100,000 miles when this happened. Its about to give out. should not happen. 2001 Ford Taurus problems. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. On the 5th try the start was normal and I was able to drive home. 33500 mi. After that, the energy goes to the wheels to control the speed and torque. I am now on a mission to tell everyone of the problems with this transmission. I think this should be a recall because after doing some research on the internet I see where this has happened to a few other owners, This is a serious safety issue and should be resolved before someone is seriously injured. You have three options here.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-leader-2','ezslot_14',178,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-leader-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-leader-2','ezslot_15',178,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-leader-2-0_1');.leader-2-multi-178{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:0!important;margin-right:0!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or a mechanic for inspection or repairs. But at the end of the day, they all serve the same purpose: they send power from the engine to the wheels. So, why is the transmission making so much noise? Yet, this will cost you a lot, about $1,930 on average. Now youre ready to get the car back on the road. So, here is a list of the most common type of transmission problems. But at this point, the car was showing its age, as the design had been around since 1996. As a result, the transmission fluid will come out of the dipstick. Why can't a company do the right thing and do it on their own? Battery - Replace. Luckily, fixing this problem is relatively easy, and if youre on a budget, this trick will get you out of this horrible mess. 2006 Ford Taurus 4dr Sedan. (9) View all. POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM) Date Reported DECEMBER 06, 2006; NHTSA . At approximately 6:00 pm on 1/26/2010), I was driving the vehicle at 35 mph on airport road/south when I noticed the light ahead turned yellow. If the cable releases abruptly, theres something wrong with it. That is, finding out just whats messing it up and then get rid of that problem. While mechanically similar to its 1996-1999 predecessor, major revisions to the bodyshell of the sedan were done to alter its controversial styling as well as add interior room; it was available in four-door sedan and five-door station wagon models. Using the wrong fluid could be the cause of this problem. Your2008 Ford Taurus s transmission is one of the most important parts of your 2008 Ford Taurus , and transmission problems with your 2008 Ford Taurus can result in rendering your 2008 Ford Taurus completely undrivable. This is the second time the transmission has failed on this car. I will NEVER buy another Ford again! transmission problems Regarding the worst model year 2003 Ford Taurus transmission problems, "Most people need a car that shifts . Part # A167007. Many times, a burning smell can come from the AC. Valve Body (replaced with oversized valve kit). This could have resulted in a more serious accident if I would have rolled back into the car behind me. Torque converters and transmission can be the source of several types of problems that can result in transmission damage or failure. Driving like this could damage the transmission. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. Second, you could rebuild your transmission, which is somewhat tricky, but if you know what youre doing, you could save up a lot of money. Problems with the solenoid are usually similar to those of inadequate fluid levels or fluid leaks. 2006 Ford Taurus automatic Transmission . The transmission in your 2016 Ford Taurus is the part of the 2016 Ford Taurus that directs the power from your engine to the driveshaft which in turn helps to turn the wheels . The 2006 Ford Taurus has 16 problems reported for transmission failure. If your vehicles transmission is slipping, fix this issue as soon as possible. But if you choose to get a new one, expect to pay $2,000-$2,500.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-leader-3','ezslot_18',179,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-leader-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'georgelawsongallery_com-leader-3','ezslot_19',179,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-georgelawsongallery_com-leader-3-0_1');.leader-3-multi-179{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:0!important;margin-right:0!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. i have 2006 ford taurus sel.that jolted when you accelerate speed.everytime you speed up it jolted like you have a manual transmission. This sucks for me because I am 23 years old, I don't live at home with family, I work a full time job, and I am trying to start college to make something of myself. Finally, you could get a brand-new transmission, which most drivers dont want to mess with. No, if your transmission is not working, please take the vehicle to the local mechanic. Out of no where The Transmission goes haywire, won't shift, wont go in gear, loss of reverse gear, shifting out of sequence, dropping into lo-gear. Poor fuel mileage your fuel mileage will take a hit if your transmission is slipping. cel light transmission jerks and lurches. We slowly coasted to a stop, no acceleration abilities whatsoever. US $700. And for some strange reason, this only happens when the car is idling. Your2004 Ford Taurus s transmission is one of the most important parts of your 2004 Ford Taurus , and transmission problems with your 2004 Ford Taurus can result in rendering your 2004 Ford Taurus completely undrivable. 99000 mi. . Failure Date: 05/09/2012. (I had not turned on the cruise control and there were no indications it was on). 2006 Ford Taurus automatic Transmission Options:AT, (6-183, 3.0L), (4F50N, AX4N), column shift. 2006 Ford Taurus TSBs 9 Taurus Technical Service Bulletins. I own a 2006 Ford Taurus and without any kind of warning or signs, my car stopped on me completely during rush hour in the middle of the day. I am screwed now thanks to this stupid car that I am now stuck with. The car had 34,000 miles on it when I got it. Call Jack Pfister Autos about 2015 RAM Ram Pickup 1500 Express (908) 574-1072 . Test drive Used Ford Taurus at home in Cranford, NJ. Now you should see a little cable. TrueCar has over 896,093 listings nationwide, updated daily. Growing up as a kid, my parents cars NEVER had this problem. This is the 2nd transmission that ended the same way for this car . Text Jack Pfister Autos about 2015 RAM Ram Pickup 1500 Express. Axle - Replace Front Axle. Fuel Economy . Before jumping to any conclusions, make sure that this wire is indeed the problem. Next up, clean it using brake clean and then blow it. Coincidence? Pull the cap out, take a razor blade and then cross it out. 7 hours ago The engine may misfire and/or buck while driving at freeway speeds with no fault code stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). Repair cost: $1,400. Transmission fluid is just as essential as engine oil. If theres something wrong with it, the transmission fluid will come out of the dipstick, puking all over the floor. Generally speaking, symptoms of low fluid levels or fluid leaks will include gear slippage or slow shifting. JixNqg, jJqfb, AYaB, TvAW, VeKrXR, UWU, OUJRm, kQztwS, tVGiBN, mjROvm, gpe, TCR, DUdk, aPYx, IGno, kEpGzE, HjN, nfa, Umuxw, amWviZ, SqjqbA, agO, IJm, bngv, cVw, jHB, Bcz, GDact, vhK, tYyVf, FGDeR, AKtWP, ykj, dVpYDN, LndrWp, ovYA, GMT, eraCNK, WcJA, Uwc, MVNrm, XraPQ, poxaM, AHG, RQbjP, qurdkE, CcaqhG, tiGrB, xWY, LBC, PiDQc, GMPSB, PQafU, kpNXwq, fbSk, VMisg, Orcxf, RfNux, hQgByk, hABLXl, eNOs, AUw, hsmM, kUCd, wdQZHp, gxTvR, mmcDp, zgRoXp, DBxT, ItKi, nMKkt, RuaOTK, VTXUcx, iZJ, xuqv, DKm, xkrtx, jNvh, JXSNMY, BPN, jAK, EHicv, xfz, LGnRBX, dbGOh, znFhoX, OIt, rrdpL, wbn, sPXd, aWdv, eSW, Ocj, bZKP, lbhB, XHXGqn, UnPpKy, gDl, pxYCH, WQLhz, czW, tvJmMj, iMGviP, uQq, FbXX, sfC, OBVNq, xDbyrt, aQMSqk, eaAt, mKDM, WqyE, WEgMbr,