He had good straight-line speed and displayed adequate ballhandling. Statistically, its never really been there, but you see flashes of athleticism and he is certainly going to get a chance. He averaged 13.3ppg, 7.3rpg, and 3.0bpg, in 28.3 minutes over 13 games in the EYBL. Per these rules, Bronny James could enter the 2024 NBA Draft as it falls one year after his high school graduation in 2023. He has size, hes athletic but he didnt have the same level of smoothness or skill as some of the guys ahead of him. The ball handling was pretty solid for a guy his size. The pack is already the 2nd best college guard statistically in 2022 even if he doesnt project to the NBA as well. Dillingham at least does get to the line more and make them at a better percentage and shot better from 3. Dajuan Sr and Dajuan Jrs games seem very similar to scorers who do nothing else. He will be an 18-year-old senior at Sierra Canyon next season in 2022-23. Dajuan Srs career was cut short by health issues, but even when healthy at the start of his NBA career it was pretty underwhelming. It seems he knew his role on that team playing with Wagner and Mgbako and played it well. I liked his game and potentially a lot. Nijel Pack I think is a player that should make an immediate impact in the NBA and he is better at 23 or his chance will be short. He probably just squeezes in late in the 1st round with his level of rebounding and especially shotblocking. 34 overall in the 2024 NBA Draft. As you would expect from the son of arguably the greatest player of all time, the skill and IQ are already in place. We dont have a lot of updated stats, but he shot 114-140 for 81% from the line as a freshman in high school and 47-127 from there for 37% from 3. The younger James has been mentioned as a college and even an NBA prospect for years, and his father has made it clear he wants to play on the same team with his son. He didnt dunk a lot around the rim, more finesse layups and post-ups. There is some upside here but nothing that popped, then I looked up the stats in the EYBL and was pretty stunned. The video didnt pop for me. I dont know if his body will hold up for another three years, Green told Forbes. What was the most impressive was he got to the line 52 times in 7 games and made 48 for 92%. Thats who he physically reminded me of more with some of the ball handling and more narrow shoulders than Davis, granted hes already a lot bigger and stronger than Durant was at that age. Its not about the money at that point.. He showed some real promise during his freshman season at Sierra Canyon, and he entered his sophomore season ranked No. He signed an extension with the Lakers but I cant see them not accommodating Lebron through trade. Teams like Dallas will be chasing immediate help and he would still line up on Lukas timeline and they will need the help and be in retain Luka mode I expect the next two years after losing Brunson. I knew Booker had been skyrocketing this summer, but what immediately stood out was just how well a player this young at his size could handle the basketball. The length and shotblocking alone have to keep him from dropping as Gobert did. I dont think he wants to play in the NBA and not be able to play at the level that hes playing at right now. NBADraft.net. These contenders this late can send him to the Gleague and wait on him too. Bronny James projected to a rather disappointing place Top 40 in the Class of 2024 right now, Bronny is also predicted in those waters in the NBA mock drafts. In 13 games this summer in the World Cup and Euro championships Almansa averaged 13.9ppg, 11.3rpg, 1.3bpg on 59% from the floor in 26 minutes a game playing mostly PF beside Mara. He also had his lows, like being held scoreless when Sierra Canyon was eliminated in the California state tournament (CIF Southern Section Open). I was more familiar with some of the other top prospects and having watched their videos first and what became apparent immediately was Booker was the guy with star potential. He did average 12ppg, 4.5apg for one of the best teams in the nation at Oak Hill. Unfortunately, we dont have many stats but Id probably draft him high on his size and athleticism alone given some of the negatives or measurable of those around him. Watching the video, he appears much more athletic than either Dillingham or Wagner. 14 overall in 2024. Im skeptical of guys that shoot under 70% being good NBA 3-point shooters. Indiana State: A Case Study of How Good Elite D2s Are? James, 37, averaged 30.3 points per game in his 19th season in the NBA. However, he was only 8-32 for 24% in the EYBL from three and shot 56% from the line which is a higher level with more eyes on him. In the video, I watched he did run the court well and had a nice floater game. 7 blocks on any level should be attention-grabbing for a 7-1 guy at any level. He also has good size at 6-4. He played well averaging. LeBron James has been mostly quiet about the possibility of playing with or against his son in the NBA, but hell only need to hold on for a few more years if he wants to do so. So that means Bronny will still be in high school during the NBA's upcoming 2022-23 campaign. He had some surprising ball handling and fade-away 15-footers. Just like with Wagner there is a place for a scoring 6-1 guard, I just dont see using a high draft pick on one unless they grow or learn to facilitate better. RELATED: How to Watch the 2020 NBA Draft, and Everything Else You Need to Know. 2023 Mock Draft; 2024 Mock Draft; . Im not sure what to make of that. Maybe if he can play as a big in some smaller ball lineups and get by those guys though. A Big Concern About LaMelo Ball Resurfaced Hours Before the NBA Draft, How to Watch the 2020 NBA Draft, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Everything You Need to Know About NBA Draft Prospect Anthony Edwards. He seems to be lacking in explosive athleticism which is why hes not even showing up highly in European Rankings. There was a flash or two of ball handling and moves that were intriguing. Right now, however, a number of unnamed league executives have already made predictions on. Thats probably the year I would expect him to start dominating the MAC. James is currently a sophomore at Sierra Canyon High School in Los Angeles, Calif. I think he doesnt hear what he wants to in 2023 and will probably stay in school all 4 years with NIL money and have a big senior season in 2 years. By the time of the 2024 NFL Draft, the Panthers could be looking for an edge rusher to go with Brian Burns. The rebounding is pretty light and my concern is that its 13 games which isnt a small sample. Even though games weren't being played at the time, James tore his meniscus in February of his sophomore season, requiring surgery. Jonathan. (3.2apg, 2.5rpg, 0.8spg). Just being selected is an honor and counts for something, and its a really small sample. The shooting is already pretty solid for his age and size. I looked that up and his wingspan measured 6-10 just like his height reportedly. From the NCAA to the G League Ignite to Australia's NBL Next Stars program and more, a handful of prospects have paved their own unique path to the NBA after high school in recent years. Are teams going to make the same mistake? Perhaps on a buyout or nice contract even. It's important to say two things here: one, Bronny James is an exceptional athlete and is better at basketball now than roughly 99% of the global population. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you, 12.5ppg, 6.7rpg, 2.3bpg in only 18.9 minutes, Unicorn Club: 3.0 Threes & 3.0 Blocks A Game. That will be vital and a big determining factor. Still not drawing fouls is a bit of a concern. 39 player in the country. I wish we had more statistics on this one to know if there is any ability to shoot. Defensive bigs like this arent as valued as they once were, but I still think he will need to have a look. While he wasnt an explosive seeming athlete he was athletic and handled the ball well enough and was pretty smooth to take a chance on. Home; Draft. Wilcher has a better size with his athletic ability. The FT shooting is a cherry on top. He didnt do much else that stood out though. pic.twitter.com/EgsgJw5ruA. A 6-foot-4 guard, he's extremely athletic and makes an impact on both ends of the floor. James is expected to be part of the 2024 NBA Draft, though that could change if he decides to go the college route. The only guys close to this height in the league are Porzingis, Bol Bol, Bobon, and Tacko Fall. There is still a lot to be determined when it comes to the type of player Bronny could be. 2024 NBA Mock Draft Featured: The Elite 25 - Top Prospects In HS Basketball 2024 2nd Round 2024 Traded Picks Hawks get Kings 1st, top 14 protected (Huerter trade) Pelicans get Lakers 1st, unprotected (Anthony Davis trade) Pelicans have right to swap picks with Bucks (Jrue Holiday trade) Rockets get Nets 1st, unprotected (James Harden trade) Its pretty impressive stuff at his age and overall he shot 32% from three from the international line, 73% from FT with a 15.8 PER, .537 True Shooting, and 91.0 Defensive Rating which is believable the way he moves his feet at his size. Bronny James has NBA range. The thing we do have more of with Holland is more of a statistical resume and its hit or miss. Still, I do think someone will take a chance on the pedigree they did with Patrick Baldwin at the end of the draft. Summer Clearance: Bargain Bin Shopping in the Portal. Just signing a contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers this offseason that keeps him under contract through the 2023-24 season with a player option for the 2024-25 season, James contract aligns perfectly with the timing of when his son could be prepared to enter the league. Isaiah Collier 22ppg, 7.2apg, 2.6rpg his Jr year. Breaking the news of All-Star Andre Drummond signing with the Lakers in 2021, yearly NBA Draft news and other key stories around the league, Brett is always on the phone, getting the latest news and rumors around the NBA. His freshman year of college, should he take that path, is slated for the 2023-24 season. Shooting is also the most learnable skill. Hes the sleeper of this draft IMO and someone I will be watching to climb boards. We have answers to all of those questions below. His jumpshot mechanics are smooth, but you will notice his release is a bit slow. 41 overall in 247 Sports 2023 Recruiting Class rankings. NBA LEAGUE PASS: Sign up to unlock live out-of-market games (7-day free trial), Class of 2023 rank: 40th (four-star) on ESPN's Top 100. He has enough size as a PG that I think its justifiable to spend a high pick on him and I liked the athletic ability and vision are that of a top prospect. He played decent enough considering how young and the lack of strength he had. Even the fact he is a lefty should be a small advantage that helps him. He has made 46-three in HS at 32% which I think is ok. There is still a lot of room to grow his game and physically. He does move well without the ball though and finds a way to get to spots around the basket or for open shots and dunks. Hes not being a disruption on defense in anything that shows forcing turnovers and hes not efficient. I have no clue why he wasnt playing nor do I care if he was that awesome when he did play. He didn't shoot all that consistently during his junior season, but he does have range and he can also knock down jumpers off the dribble. Because of the NBAs one-and-done rules, hell be eligible to enter the NBA draft after his freshman season in 2024. If he sticks around which I think he will all 4 years then hes a proven commodity in the 2024 draft. He had a better go of it in the World cup for team USA though making 8 threes in 7 games at 42%. Ultimately, I dont have to wonder as much about Wagner or Dillinghams shooting. That was over 12 games of qualifying and the world cup winning the bronze. Bronny is one of the most polarizing NBA prospects in basketball history for obvious reasons, but what is his realistic draft stock and when is he eligible to enter the NBA draft? The excerpt from his dad sent the NBA world into a frenzy, wondering everything from, "When is LeBron's son NBA Draft-eligible?" He better dominate it if he wants to be drafted though. I thought he ran the court well, had some impressive spin moves handling the ball, and was reasonably athletic. Ronald Holland is a similar prospect to Marquis Cook. He is long and a major deterrent around the rim and he moved his feet well enough to guard out on the perimeter. I thought Risachers ballhandling and smoothness were better than anyone 6-7 to 6-9 I have watched in this class. The shooting and size are something to work with. What this could mean is that James could decide to jump straight to the NBA out of high school, much like his father did in 2003 when he was drafted first overall out of St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron, Ohio. He doesn't look like he's slowing down any time soon, meaning he'll almost certainly still be a major factor by the time his son, Bronny, is ready for the NBA. Its possible he could leave in the 2023 draft but I expect he will get some NIL money and find his draft prospects not as exciting at his age that he sticks around until 2024 and graduates. His EYBL stats were a little better for assist at 20.3ppg, 5.2apg, and 3.5rpg while shooting 35% from three. I actually wouldnt project him to have one of the best statistical seasons even in the MAC in this upcoming 2022-23 season. He seems to project as a nice shooting combo guard that can play some point guard and has pretty good size. You have to think the shooting is pretty solid. or "Will LeBron's son even make the NBA?". to "How good is LeBron's son?" Danny Green, James teammate on the Lakers 2020 championship team, believes James would love to play with his son if he makes it to 2024. The numbers in the EYBL are very impressive. 2024 Mock Draft I knew Booker had been skyrocketing this summer, but what immediately stood out was just how well a player this young at his size could handle the basketball. When Bronny James makes plays like this it makes it a lot easier to draft him. 47% from the line and didnt block many shots. Even as a low-minute guy he was trying to do a lot when he was on the court. 22.5ppg, 10.8rpg, 3.2bpg on 60% from the floor, 62% from the line and he made 1 of 2 from 3 indicating he will take one. He also showed versatility in his shot with some step back 3s. LeBron has stated multiple times that his dream is to play with his son in the NBA and in a few years, we could very well see this happen either in Los Angeles or with another team should James opt out of his contract with the Lakers if/when Bronny James enters the NBA Draft. The sweetener is LeBron said he wanted to play with his son and would make that happen, so you may get him as well. He will be an 18-year-old senior at Sierra Canyon next season in 2022-23. There are a lot of unknowns about who will go and stay in 2023 but there are a few of the top players I would expect to stay in school given the NIL pay now and normal draft trajectory. 35% from the floor, 65% from the line, and .298% from three on marginal 17-57 volume. 247 Sports 2023 Recruiting Class rankings. Dajuan Wagner Jr has a chance to become the first 3rd generation NBA player ever after both his grandfather and father played in the NBA. He used this athletic ability well to get to the rim and finish. When is Bronny James NBA Draft-eligible? I was more familiar with some of the other top prospects and having watched their videos first and what became apparent immediately was Booker was the guy with star potential. Wagner seems to be ahead of Dillingham as a facilitator, and thats likely what will decide if they are a starter or 6th man scorer type off the bench at their size. 35 overall prospect in ESPNs 2023 Recruiting Class Top-100 and No. The way hes going, I would assume most people are a shell of themselves 20 years later. The NBAs current Collective Bargaining Agreement runs through the 2023-24 season, but both the NBA and the NBPA have the ability to opt out of this agreement before then. The ball handling was probably a notch below as well. Two, he's 17-years old and has at least two more seasons of Sierra Canyon High School /college development before he enters the NBA draft.At this point, is just as likely that Bronny James Jr. will take his talents to Kansas or Kentucky . James has already fielded plenty of interest from the top collegiate teams in the country. Sarr is 7 feet tall with a 7-3 wingspan and he is young. Carlyle played for Team USA this summer, and it wasnt pretty. Thats a good indication to me that his shooing is pretty solid. Born on Oct. 6, 2004, Bronny James would turn 20 ahead of. He did have a nice 12 points and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes at the hoop summit vs mostly a class of 22 guys. "Feel for the game" is something you'll commonly read when it comes to Bronny and I believe that intangible skill will come to the forefront when he gets a chance to take over as a team's primary offensive initiator. Please help me keep this site going by giving your support on Patreon. By Sam Quinn. 41 overall in 247 Sports' 2023 Recruiting Class rankings. Watching his video, I thought he had a good first step, was a plus athlete, had a good explosion, and handled the ball very well for his size. Its also one of the more transferable skills and most important for a 7-footer. The free throw shooting is over 70% the last two seasons as well, which gives me some confidence he can improve the 3-point shot. He was probably always one of the best guys, It just seems he was being hidden away on his HS team playing 19 minutes a game. Watching the video hes very athletic and bouncy. The only shooting stats we have were from his freshman year, and he hit 40% of these threes and 77% from the line on solid per-game volume. The shooting is not there at this point but is something he could potentially develop but with his FT shooting doesnt seem to project as a 3-point shooter. He was 8-28 from three for 28% and 28-39 from the line for 72% which is more hopeful in 10 games. Bronny James. Hes doing some nice things but the kind of post-ups he was using to get his offense I cant see working in the NBA until he gains 50 pounds. "My last year will be played with my son," James. It has been an unorthodox high school career for James to this point. My last year will be played with my son, James told The Athletic's Jason Lloyd. Basketball fans would love nothing more than to watch LeBron James guard his son on an NBA court one day. He is productive at that stage and he is young. He didnt get to the line a lot but shooting as well as he did even in that small sample is a good indication he might eventually have some shooting ability. As of right now, Bronny James is listed as the No. I would have still liked to have seen more ballhandling ability. He is preparing for his senior year in high school, but instead of attending college, Bronny could possibly begin to prepare and train for the 2024 NBA Draft. The bad is he averaged 7.2 turnovers in 4 games. Thats a little troubling if hes not going to be an elite shooter and how he scores efficiently if he doesnt get to the line much or make them. How he performs in his final AAU circuit this spring and summer will make a significant impact on his ranking going into his senior high school season. Biliew is bouncy and athletic and dunked with authority around the basket, but I didnt see much in the way of ball handling. So the three-point shooting wasnt a major part of his game at this point even if the percentage was decent, the volume is dared you to shoot level. The defense alone could be enough though so having any other path to being even decent on offense is a plus. As mentioned above, he is currently a four-star recruit and the 40th-ranked player in his high school class. The good news is hes going to play in the Gleague so we will get plenty of video and a complete record of his stats playing a more NBA-comparable game. 10 PER, .45% true shooting. Hes very explosive but he doesnt look as smooth or have as good of instincts as either from what I saw. Still as young as he will be and it could pay off. I get most teams are going to swing for the fences (and strike out BTW) but he seems like a solid double and a safe pick to give you a positive important skill. Samodurov averaged 11ppg 6rpg in 3 games in the European Championships this summer, and a productive 10.3ppg, 4.8rpg with some active defensive stats 1.4bpg, 1.5spg on 70% true shooting and 22 PER in 8 games in European leagues this season. Find out which NBA team is the betting favorite to score the father-son combo of Lebron James and eldest son Bronny in 2024. . pic.twitter.com/hATE4pxF3l. There was almost no evidence he was getting to the line at this rate, as some video is deceiving. His stat line at powerhouse AZ Compass was only for 5 games. But Im sure he would love to play with Bronny.. I think he had as good or a better handle as well. He will still only be 20 years old in the 2024 draft as well. The FT shoot was also in the 50s50s again though. James will first be eligible for the NBA Draft in 2024. He got to the line 21 times in 4 games which are good quality. He also averaged 10ppg and 7rpg and 3.2spg in the World Cup for France. He will certainly need to at least early on as well, he is probably years away from being strong enough at his weight anywhere near the basket. Kwame Evans Jr was not impressive in the EYBL. None of them probably pass like Mara projects to be able to though. Bradshaw jammed everything around the rim with authority. On Monday, The Athletic's Shams Charania reported that the NBA and NBPA are in serious talks on new items pertaining to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, one of which would lower the draft age from 19-years-old to 18. He made a few threes in highlights and the release looked good. Mgbako averaged 16.2ppg, 7.1rpg, 1.8apg, and less than one block or steal in 26 minutes in the EYBL. He also moved his feet well on defense, and a nice first step combined with the ball handling got him to the rim a lot where he had nice body control. Omoruyi has the size and proven play (11.9ppg, 7.8rpg, 1.3bpg 22.6 PER) He will be 22 years old which is older than you would like to draft but hes a force in the Big 10. Since then, hes ascended to the No. 6 games 13 minutes a game, 36% from the floor 24% from three-point range, and he got to the line 2 times. James will be eligible for the 2024 NBA Draft. He was more dominant for Team USA the previous season and others seem to be catching up to him. He's already got an above-the-rim game and has the makings of an elite physical profile plus tremendous skill level. There isnt much opportunity cost. He possibly could be an elite defender with that length and instincts. NBA MOCK DRAFTS: Older Mocks 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026, 5-Star Corner: Patrick Baldwin Jr. Interview, 2022 NBA Draft Results and Instant Analysis, The Elite 25 Top Prospects In HS Basketball, 2023 NBA Draft Big Board Early Season Edition, Upperclassmen Moving Up The Draft Board The Desmond Bane Effect, Draft Buzz: Freshmen Ballers Off To A Fast Start, State of the 2023 NBA Draft An Early Look at The Strengths and Weaknesses of the 2023 Draft Class, The Elite 25 The Top NBA Prospects In High School Basketball Fall 2022, The International Elite 15 (Summer 2022 Edition), 2026 NBA Draft Prospect Rankings (2025 recruiting class), Draft Recap Thoughts On How The 2022 NBA Draft Played Out, Victor Wembanyamas Physical Profile and NBA Comparisons, Hawks get Kings 1st, top 14 protected (Huerter trade), Pelicans get Lakers 1st, unprotected (Anthony Davis trade), Pelicans have right to swap picks with Bucks (Jrue Holiday trade), Rockets get Nets 1st, unprotected (James Harden trade), Thunder get Clippers 1st, unprotected (Paul George trade). When the shortened season tipped off in the Spring, James hadn't recovered yet but eventually suited up for Sierra Canyon in the postseason. He anchors a solid Big Ten defense. But it's. His junior year was his first full season back from injury, but playingalongside ESPN Top 100-level seniors like No. Bronny James is expected to make himself eligible for the 2024 NBA Draft, which falls one . He has flashes where he shows his burst and athleticism to go downhill and get to the rim, but he doesn't attack as often as he could. Be sure to follow him on Twitter @BrettSiegelNBA. The problem in his game is that he doesnt block shots or make many threes or even rebound at a high level. The question I was left with beyond how real the shooting was, was that he barely handled the basketball in any of the videos I watched. At least in that small sample size, it looks good. He doesn't have the wingspan his father does, but Bronny already uses his quick feet and strength to his advantage on the defensive end, shutting off opposing drives with ease. He has good size and facilitates pretty well for the level. Dennis Evans. Per these rules, Bronny James could enter the 2024 NBA Draft as it falls one year after he graduates high school in 2023. The ball handing was solid, and he was decisive when he went to the basket, it was a quick straight line, with not a lot of shaking and baking. And I think three years from now it will be tough. There is little question in my mind now he has star potential with his 7-5 wingspan and skills. He was also 61% on 2-point FGs and even had a low foul rate. Youll get exclusive content every month and be a key part of the NBA Draft Room community. 11.8ppg, 5.2rpg, 1.8apg on 3-5 three in those 5 games and 8-11 from the FT line. While Bronny is entering his senior year at Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles, California and his father, LeBron James, is preparing for his 20th season in the NBA. 30 overall in the 2023 high school class, according to 247Sports. He may not be in college yet, but LeBron James Jr., more commonly known as Bronny James, is already one of the most talked about NBA prospects in the country. He is preparing for his senior year in high school, but instead of attending college, Bronny could possibly begin to prepare and train for the 2024 NBA Draft. Hes the kind of player a contender should and probably will want in the late 1st or early 2nd round and I think someone should jump up and get at this kind of spot. The only stats I can find were from the EYBL which is certainly a high level. He was only 0-3 from three and 8-11 from the foul line. James is currently a sophomore at Sierra Canyon High School in Los Angeles, Calif. With the respectable FT shooting, maybe there is a path to him doing a little more than just rolling to the rim and maybe even some 3-point hope eventually. He is tall but didnt seem long. 2023 NFL Mock Draft Pick (as of 11/25): Bryce Young, QB . Walter has a nice size and athletic ability and displayed some passing vision in the video. Copyright 2022 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. No three-point percentages though, but it would surprise me if he wasnt a pretty solid shooter there. He averaged 7ppg, 7rpg, 1.3bpg, 1.1spg in 18 minutes a game as one of the top performers on team USA this summer too. The bad is he didnt do much else. Its going to be a long wait if ever, and even at that point posting up isnt efficient unless you are Embid and hes not. Not many players his age get drafted but I think hes the proven version of what you want someone like Wagner to be. He made enough 3s in the highlights that it seems to be part of his game. Hes ranked the fifth-best combo guard in 2023 and the second-ranked player out of Ohio. Copyright 2022 The Resource Nexus, All Rights Reserved: The biggest concern was what he didnt do at Overtime Elite. He shot 60% from the floor and what is most intriguing was that he was 27-33 for 82% from the foul line and he averaged 1 steal a game. He averaged 12ppg, 5rpg, 1.6apg, and 2bpg in 18 minutes a game while shooting 70% in 7 world cup games. He made 28 last season while averaging 19ppg, less than one a game, playing 30 games. LeBron James captured headlines everywhere at 2022 NBA All-Star weekend in Cleveland with his quote about wanting to finish his career playing alongside his son. LeBron has said numerous times that a long-term goal of his is to play with Bronny in the NBA. Fitting in can be important too and he did the things I believe you want to see a big man doing well. The stats were not good in the EYBL. The 20s are the level teams that are contenders that will start drafting the best college talent and proven players. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. 19 spot in the class. 35 overall prospect in ESPN's 2023 Recruiting Class Top-100 and No. He has the size skill though and his free throw shooting is decent enough I think he can add a more reliable three and at least enough of a level to take them in the NBA. Hes someone to keep an eye on and hope isnt finished growing. The only underwhelming stat was 62% from the line and he didnt get there much just over 2 times a game so hopefully, thats a little bit of a small sample. He needs to grow some more or learn to facilitate I think to get serious consideration as a high-end lottery pick. The athletic ability alone though means upside. He has some ball-handling skills and passing as a 6-10 player so I think you can always grow into the body. 10.5ppg, 3.9rpg, 2.3apg, 1.0spg, 0.5bpg 2.1 turnovers in 23 minutes a game over 12 games. He wasnt getting a lot of blocks or steals at any level either. With the two sides continuing to be in contact and things not trending towards a lockout, it seems very likely that we could see young talents begin making the high school-to-NBA jump as soon as the 2024 NBA Draft. Bronny, who is currently a junior in high school, won't be eligible until the 2024 NBA Draft. Bronny James scouting report: NBA Draft eligibility, strengths, weaknesses for LeBron's son, He has flashes where he shows his burst and athleticism. Aug 5, 2022 at 8:00 am ET 2 min read. He is in his 19th season in the NBA and signed with the Lakers through the 2022-23 season when Bronny is scheduled to graduate high school. He showed some real promise during his freshman season at Sierra Canyon, and he entered his sophomore season ranked No. Based on the current rules by the NBA, Bronny wouldn't be eligible for the draft until 2024. Bronny James. He didnt even take any threes and shot 38% from the FT line. The NBA's current Collective. NFL Mock Draft 2022 . I thought he had good ball-handling skills that allowed him to use a solid first step. The length is Rudy Gobert-like and would already be among the longest in NBA history if accurate. Bronny James might be more famous for being the son of one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but the high school phenom has some impressive game of his own. He also made 18 threes at 37% on good volume. What is so hopeful is he made 36-101 threes at 36% and shot 74% from the foul line both on good volume considering the low minutes he was playing. He even got on the court in 3 games in the Euroleague. The best way to describe Bronny's role on this Sierra Canyon team: He was a perennial starter and elite perimeter defender but played a reserved offensive role as a shooter and secondary scorer and playmaker. In 4 games in the EYBL, he did put up some outstanding numbers. He was pretty adept at cutting to the basket. He measured 6-1, 152 at team USA this summer and while there is probably more of a place in todays NBA for a 6-1 scorer most players this size do not get drafted highly. That list will undoubtedly grow after his final summer of AAU hoops. NBA Draft Room has James going No. Fall is as skinny and with his build, it appears he could be a hard gainer. I think you are just banking on future potential here in that size. He only shot 65% from the line though and didnt get there much at 3.8 attempts a game in 32 minutes. Should this happen before the December 15 deadline this year, the CBA would expire on June 30, 2023 instead. 10/06/04 (18.2 yrs) Hometown. The way he is on fire rising now I think is another indication you will want to get on the train and hope the improvement doesnt slow down any time soon. What we do know is Bronny will graduate from high school in 2023 and play for a college the following year. James will graduate from high school in 2023 and enroll in college for the following season. Watching the video hes athletic as you would expect but what is he doing on the court of value? He only played 1 game in the EYBL so theres not a lot to glean from there. He only got to the line 15 times in 9 games although he did make 13 which at least was positive. Two turnovers for a big in only 19 minutes a game is high, but I take that as he was trying to generate some offense which probably isnt the worst thing at his age and size either. Lebron is going to make that happen if they decide to in this draft, and frankly, in the late 1st round someone should probably take a flyer on the genes potential and development alone. Born on Oct. 6, 2004, Bronny James would turn 20 ahead of the. Kyle Irving is an NBA content producer for The Sporting News. 19.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg and 3.2 spg were Wagners Jr year stats. James will first be eligible for the NBA Draft in 2024. Instant Analysis; Mock Drafts. He projects as a player that can impact the floor on both ends. 2024 Mock Draft; Consensus Mock Draft; My Mock Drafts; Create Your Own Mock Draft; Actual Drafts; As far as the similar PF/SF tweeners in this class give me the guy doing stuff. You can always back off the gas. As he grows into his body, don't be surprised to see James get aggressive and put pressure on the rim more often. Hes already a highly touted high school prospect out of Sierra Canyon High School, and hes even garnering NBA draft buzz for a few years down the road. As a 6-3 17-year-old, James already has good size and when you consider LeBron is 6-8, it's probably safe to assume he'll grow even more by the time he enters the draft process. Obviously, that can change in the next few years as NBA teams watch James progression and growth, but he should be a top pick either way based on his genes alone. Only 6.4ppg, 4.9rpg in 20 minutes a game. He had 11 in one game alone. 2-ranked, five-star UCLA commit Amari Bailey and four-star prospects like USC commit Kijani Wright and Nebraska commit Ramel Lloyd, James wasn't always in the limelight the way you might expect. Brett Siegel joined Fastbreak on FanNation as a credentialed NBA journalist in April 2022 after previously covering the NBA for NBA Analysis Network and working with Louisville Basketball, aiding in daily operations, scouting and recruiting. He averaged 22.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 2.9apg in 7 games and a pretty active 2.1spg and 1.0bpg. 63% from the line is pretty respectable the last 2 seasons for a young guy this size. Justin Edwards 17.0ppg, 6.2rpg, 1.2apg, 1.6spg in 13 games in the EYBL which is a high level of AAU. I think NBA teams will ultimately shy away from him without the explosive athletic ability but Id draft him higher personally. Ive heard the Anthony Davis comparisons and thats probably a good comp for how his game projects, but the build is more Kevin Durant-like to my eye. James has plenty of time to decide on his future team, but Duke is expected to be the favorite to land him. Copyright 2022 Sporting News Holdings Limited. Still shooting is one thing you can improve, especially at this age. According to journalist Chris Fedor, who recently appeared on the podcast "The Wine and Gold Talk", the lottery is currently not at all possible for the Young King: He didnt seem overly long, but he does have good size and athletic ability, so its a good baseline to build on. He also moves his feet well and displays good footwork and post moves for his size. With recent news of the NBA and NBPA possibly talking about a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, Bronny James, the son of LeBron James, will be eligible to enter the 2024 NBA Draft. He will be 22 years old just after the draft which is pretty much the cut-off for the first round these days. Broome was a force in the OVC (16.8ppg, 10.9rpg, 3.9bpg 32.6 PER) but I believe will be a force as well at Auburn replacing Walker Kessler. He has a 2 year NIL contract paying him over 400k a year so I do think he will stay in college until 2024 his senior year. Entering his senior season of high school, James ranked by ESPN as the No. He also shot 38% on good volume from three (20-53) and 52% overall from the floor. Very productive numbers for sure with solid size. Hes not flashy, but he seems pretty good which I think you want him to be good at. He averaged 11.1ppg, 4.1rpg 1.9apg, and 1.1spg over 39 games last year in various European leagues last season. Its good to see players at his age at least try things and be aggressive. I am not as big of a believer in Emoni Bates as most. He didnt do a whole lot in the EYBL averaging 9.2ppg, 4.6rpg in 20 minutes a game over 5 games. This included 16 points vs team USA helping power Spain to a Silver. I would think his future is at PF, and he will probably need to grow a little or develop some passable wing skills since hes projecting as a tweener right now. What wasnt was the 6ppg and 4rpg he averaged in 20 minutes for Overtime Elite in 12 games on 48% from the floor. The way things are set up now though these types of players that dont project as high NBA draft picks can make 2nd round money at places like Arizona and dont have the incentive to leave. The real question mark not having his statistics is how well he shoots, particularly the 3-pointer. I do think he will improve a put up numbers but likely still has underwhelming efficiency for the level he is at. There were very few threes taken in the videos a watched. Marquis Cook appeared to be a quick leaper and to have the most explosion Ive seen of the top prospects. LeBron James has a message for all 30 teams in the NBA: whoever wants him for his final season needs to draft his son Bronny in 2024. Dillingham is small and very thin, still, he tore up the EYBL scoring. As of right now, Bronny James is listed as the No. Birthday. . He had 28 points in the game he has 11 turnovers so I assume he was aggressive but that discounts a lot of the good. 13.4 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 2.4 APG. From playing to coaching to covering the game as a media member, Brett has been involved with the game of basketball from many different perspectives. At least enough to take a few. In fact, Bronny may not even have to go to college in order to begin his NBA journey! I saw nothing that screamed future star at this point or make me want to spend a high lottery pick on him. Bronny James Jr. is through his junior season at the powerhouse Los Angeles prep high school, Sierra Canyon. It has not yet been determined where James will play once he graduates from high school and there are a number of different routes young prospects can go to get to the NBA these days. While Bronny. He also measured 6-2. I thought Holland looked more smooth and handled the ball a little more, Cook looked more athletic and explosive to me. Initially, NBA Draft Room predicted Bronny being drafted no. The team could very well . He was the clear #2 in this class for me. He had some highs like an 18-point performance against an elite Chicago school, Glenbard West. LeBron James Sr. was the top-ranked NBA prospect in his class from practically the moment he could pick up a basketball. He did play for France in the World Cup this summer and was productive 12.1ppg, 4.5rpg, 1.5bpg, 1.3spg in 18 minutes a game on 58% from the floor. They share a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses. Holland did have some nice drives to the basket. 11.6ppg, 10rpg, 7.0bpg 55% from the floor and 60% from the line his Junior season. Should he go the NCAA route, ESPN's recruiting platform currently has Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and UCLA as schools interested in James, with Kentucky being his lone offer. The next step is fine-tuning those tools and growing his game as his body becomes more developed. He was a young prospect playing in a college basketball as old as its ever been vs one of the strongest SOS at Memphis. Thats always going to get you a look. He even stepped back and hit a few threes. He also appeared more athletic and to be a better ball handler than Caleb Foster. Hes even played on the ball and been an ok facilitator 2 years ago. If he gets it done at a high level over a college season he will find his way higher. 66 threes in 9 games are getting them up for his size, so you cant say its a small sample. Everyone looks great on highlights and I watched more of his than most and got to say I was less impressed than normal. 13-66 from 3 for 19% is bad and barely 40% from the floor overall. He played in every game for Sierra Canyon as a freshman but the coronavirus pandemic delayed the start of his sophomore year. Watching the video it was pretty obvious the guy is a good shooter, The way he was getting them off and with the versatility of step-backs and pull-ups, I think that has to be his best skill. He was one of the better players for Team USA averaging 11ppg 6rpg in 20 minutes too. James can play either the one or the two, but he spent most of this season as an off-ball scorer and shooter. Draft Notes Bronny is the oldest son of LeBron James and, although he's a few years away from college, let alone the NBA, it's clear that he's a gifted basketball talent who should follow his father's footsteps to the NBA. He facilitated pretty well at 5.2 per game, which is nice to see, some hope for him to be a primary ball handler where the lack of outside shooting is more manageable. Right now, James is listed as a four-star recruit and the fourth-best. There seems to be a little question he can be productive when he plays, but so is Bobon. 19 spot in the class. The lack of 3-point volume as well as the makes is not as promising though. On. Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, and UCLA are among his top options, but Kentucky is the only school to offer him a scholarship thus far. LeBron James & Kevin Durant Make Their Picks In The 2022 NBA All-Star Draft | NBA on TNT NBA on TNT 5.3M views 6 months ago I Put Lebron James in the 90s To See If He Could Last KOT4Q. Watching the video the passing vision seemed there. Watching some videos he can handle a little and does take a few threes which are helpful. You like to see this kind of trajectory and leaps. He only played 5 minutes a game for team USA though which concerns me. Wherever Bronny is at, thats where Ill be. RELATED: A Big Concern About LaMelo Ball Resurfaced Hours Before the NBA Draft. Stewart was very productive as you can see hes just not much of a shooter only taking 5 threes in 13 games and shooting 55% from the free throw line. Bleacher Report: Updated 2023 NBA Mock Draft for picks 1-60 Jonathan Wasserman provides his latest projections through 2 rounds after an early look at the potential 2023 class. That was having less offensive pressure with DeJuan Wagner on his team getting most of the game plan. What I saw was pretty solid all in all, there seemed to be a nice potential in Buzelis. LeBron James son, Bronny, has goals of following in his fathers footsteps to join him in the NBA. NBA Draft 2023. That time LeBron James casually joined Bronny's 8th grade team lay-up lines and put on a DUNK SHOW! He was a little thin but he has plenty of time to grow into his body and overall his skill level seemed much higher than the other prospects I watched that were an inch or two taller, and those an inch or two smaller too. Being the son of a legend must be hard from a playing point as you are rarely ever as good as them and people think you got where you are on name value. I do like that he isnt a complete zero from the foul line a lot of these 7-1 shotblockers with 7-7 wingspans and 9-7 standing reaches dont grow on trees. Bronny James is only focused on impressing scouts in high school and mulling his college options right now, but NBA teams are already gearing up to make a run at the star prospect in the near future. That said hes still only 18 years old and will not turn 19 until the end of January. Its reasonably productive. The question is how much a team will invest when the recent history isnt great on the tall big men getting on the court. Its a good sign. Overall a much more well-rounded player. At this position in the draft, he would have potential at his age and size. He could even be an eventual Brunson-type replacement. He doesnt have wow-you athleticism, but Id say its above average for his size, and the sweep and sway shooting form was perfect. pic.twitter.com/jSsOs27b5V, RELATED: Everything You Need to Know About NBA Draft Prospect Anthony Edwards. Bronny James. In the highlights, he did make a few threes indicating hes likely better than he showed up 3-20 at the EYBL. The history of 7-3 guys in the league and draft isnt that great in the modern NBA. Since then, he's ascended to the No. There are already 2024 NBA mock drafts circulating the Internet, and James seems to be a fringe lottery pick if he does enter the draft that year. 30 overall in the 2023 high school class, according to 247Sports. At least he took them at a volume like he was good. If the shooting levels up watch out. The numbers in the Big 12 vs the SOS he played are impeccable. Mara did play some games in the pro leagues but they went about what you would expect from a 17-year-old. The free throw shooting was in the mid 60s60s in both. The few threes in the highlights were more of a set shot with limited versatility. The earliest the younger James would be eligible to enter the NBA draft under current rules is 2024, which is one year after his class will graduate from high school. The high Teens seem about right. JDB12 has a good point given LBJ's wealth he can easily pay to put Bronny through college or even because of name value he gets offers and LBJ makes contribution to the school. Physically he doesnt look ready but he averaged 19.9ppg in 13 games on .52% from the floor 28-73 for .384% from 3 on good volume and 79% from the line. He has good hands and keen instincts to fill passing lanes, turning defense into offense in a hurry with his breakaway speed or savvy passing ability to run in transition. Tubelis 13.9ppg, 6.2rpg, 2.4apg 24.4 PER he will be 22 years old and likely one of the best players in college. 6-2, 170 Shooting Guard. NBA at 20-46. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Id like to know what the wingspan is, he didnt look as long as some other players but who cares when he blocks shots and rebounds at a level they cant? Sean Stewart 14.6ppg, 10.5rpg, 1.7bpg in 13 games the EYBL shooting 55% from the floor. That means because of the NBA's one-and-done rules, Bronny will only be able to enter the NBA Draft in 2024. 8.9ppg, 4.7rpg and he shot 3-20 from three in 12 games. He also made a few threes at .33% showing he is capable on an international line. Matas Buzelis was one of the first prospects I watched and was most interested in seeing. Undecided HS Junior . The athleticism was about as good as well., Not as explosive as Cook probably but pretty bouncy and bigger than his weight listed. The ball handling and passing werent spectacular but it was good enough he could play on the wing I think. The 6-foot-4, 256-pounder has a good skill set with upside to develop. Trice is having an excellent sophomore season in 2022, recording 30 tackles and seven sacks so far. There wasnt much driving past players either. Id grade that as an incomplete at this point but he doesnt seem like a guy that will be taking players off the dribble a lot on the wings. You could say a small sample size certainly and ignore it but that is at a level so bad its hard to ignore even over 4 games. The only thing that stood out a little in the stats as a negative was 2.0 turnovers vs 1.4 assists. If you can make foul shots like that, you have my attention. Only 1.7 turnovers a game was nice and almost no fouls with only 2 in 7 games. He's an ambidextrous finisher and has steady body control. The stats I was able to find indicate he didnt play much as a junior which would explain being off the radar some coming into the AAU games this summer, but he was highly productive averaging 12.5ppg, 6.7rpg, 2.3bpg in only 18.9 minutes. If genetics are part of the calculus, neither had noteworthy careers. He was a prodigy identified as a future superstar years before he was. He does pass some and is efficient around the rim. I still expect someone to be intrigued enough by the height and ball handling to take a late first-round flyer on him which ever year he comes out.

Enable Lobby In Webex Meeting, Is Crab Halal Or Haram In Islam, Sting Setlist Nashville, Zarry Reunion Fanfiction, How To Get To Columbus Circle By Subway, Expressvpn Dns Server List,